Individual Development Accounts
- becoming familiar with banks and savings accounts
- learning budgeting skills
- building assets
- credit repair
- home buyer’s education
- receiving case management as needed
- referrals and program assistance
- receiving support and guidance
This is a two year program (housing or small business) or a one year program (education or small business) and will include ten families or individuals. Individuals must meet CSBG income elgibility.
Accounts will be held at State Farm Bank.
MCCA will match participant’s savings up to $1,000 for two years savings and up to $500 for one year savings with a 2:1 match. For example, MCCA will match the participant’s $1,000 savings with a 2-1 match – for a total of $3,000 (two year program). The match is earned each month, but is not accessible until the successful completion of the program. If buying a home, the participant may also be eligible for a grant of $3,000 or $5,000 through MCCA’s downpayment assistance program.
- Willing to participate in programs and case management
- Make an initial deposit of $40 and agree to save $10 per week for the duration of participation period.
- Money is to be spent on the purchase of a home, education or small business.
- Income must be at or below 125% of the poverty level
At the end of two years MCCA will match the participants contributions with a 2 to 1 match – for a possible total contribution by MCCA of $2,000. Match funds earned each month are not accessible until successful completion of the program. First time home buyers may also be eligible for Affordable Housing Coalition grants of $3,000 or $5,000.
For more information:
Call Kathy Shubert at 309-834-9242 or firstname.lastname@example.org