The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides a one-time per year payment for heat (primary utility) and electric (secondary utility) to eligible applicants. Additionally, the LIHEAP program is able to provide once a year reconnection assistance payments for applicants whose utility has been disconnected for non-payment or applicants who are being denied service because of an old bill. LIHEAP also is able to provide emergency furnace repair or replacement for eligible applicants whose furnace does not work or is red tagged by the utility company.
Mid Central Community Action announces Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP)
in McLean and Livingston Counties.
The program begins on Thursday, September 1, 2016, and concludes Wednesday, May 31, 2017, or until funds are exhausted. Applications will be taken by appointment only.
Households must meet requirements in one of the following priority periods in order to be eligible to apply in that time frame. To qualify, these households must have incomes equal to or less than 150 percent of the poverty level. For example, a single-person household can qualify with a monthly income of up to $1,485 a family of 4 can earn up to $3,038.
September 1st eligibility includes:
October 1st eligibility includes:
- Households that contain a member who is elderly (age 60 and above).
- Households that contain a member receiving social security disability benefits or veteran’s disability benefits.Required documentation must include a letter of determination from the Social Security Administration or receipt of social security disability benefit statement.
November 1st eligibility includes:
- Families with children under the age of 6 years.
- Households whose utility service(s) is(are) disconnected or under imminent threat of disconnection households
- LIHEAP furnace applications.
The focus of the program is gas heat and electric services. Payment amounts will be based on household size and 30-day income.
- Open enrollment to all households that meet income guidelines.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, please make an appointment
McLean County: 309-829-0691 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Livingston County: 815-844-3201 or email@example.com
on or after September 1, 2016.