image image Follow Us:


Weatherization Program


Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program (IHWAP) has started the 2016 program year.  We are currently accepting applications for mobile home and single-family homes on an appointment basis in the LIHEAP department of the Bloomington and Pontiac offices. Duplexes, townhomes, condo or row houses are considered multi-family buildings and we cannot weatherize them at this time. To qualify for weatherization you must provide proof that you own your home. Please contact the Weatherization Department for questions on weatherizing rental properties.  Income eligible clients can call the Bloomington or Pontiac office to setup an appointment to apply (309.829.0691, 309.834.9202 or 815.844.3201).  We will continue to take applications until we have enough files to exhaust the 2016 funding at which point you will be placed on a waiting list.


You will need to bring ALL your documents or your application will be delayed in processing. The current list of documents needed when applying is:

  1. Home ownership- tax bill, mortgage statement, deed, or title for mobile homes (These are the only allowed ownership documents and remember the owner must be someone listed in the application).
  2. Social Security cards- for every member on the application
  3. Most current gas and electric bill for the home
  4. Proof of income for all household members or proof of zero income for all persons over 18.

 IHWAP income guidelines (150% & 200% of poverty)

WX guidelines

– 150% Level: For each household member over 8 add $6,240

– 200% Level: For each household member over 8 add $8,320