Mid Central Community Action, Inc. offers a crisis assistance Program to low-income families and individuals who are experiencing a sudden, unexpected crisis, beyond his or her control, which leaves them in danger of becoming homeless or creates a health/safety issue. Homeless families/individuals may also be eligible for other programs.
Clients will have to document the crisis and their inability to pay through an assessment process and must demonstrate enough future income and stability to manage their situation once assistance has been given.
We receive funding through a variety of grants and each has separate guidelines and timeframes for assistance. Some of the types of assistance we can offer when funding is available include:
- Payment on a security deposit - must verify a documented crisis leading to homelessness or potential homelessness and demonstrate future financial security
- Rental Assistance – must verify a documented crisis and demonstrate future financial security
- Mortgage Assistance – must verify a documented crisis and demonstrate future financial stability
- Car repair for employed individuals who have a car title or have a loan (NOT a title loan) that shows payments are CURRENT
- Other crises that affect health or safety; to be determined on a case by case basis
- Case Management Services – assessing needs, goal setting, meetings with case worker to learn budgeting, money management and other life skills through case management
Because each grant has different guidelines and income limits, please contact a crisis assistance screener to discuss your situation. If funds are unavailable, we can offer information, referrals, advocacy and case management.
Please call Angie at 309-834-9201 or e-mail email@example.com